“Thank you for another amazing weekend. I am absolutely loving this course, it has transformed the way I teach and the way I feel, it is a remarkable journey. I am very much enjoying the case studies too, it is all so interesting and I feel that things are really coming together. Love it love it love it!”
“It’s a brilliant course: the teaching is great and supportive. The content and learning have brought a richness to my yoga teaching and opened my eyes to how yoga can help people individually with their health issues.”
“In depth and life transforming for me. Absolutely essential if you want to further your yoga teachings and practice.”
Real Yoga Post Graduate Course in Yoga Therapy
Next Course Starts in Egham February 2024
This course will run over 2 years, all training will be at weekends and the majority will be in person, with shorter supporting sessions being offered live via zoom. (Full timetable available below)
Yoga Therapy is one of the fastest growing fields of complementary healthcare. Our graduates find therapeutic work privately, in the NHS, in private medical centres, or working with special interest groups. Some choose simply to integrate their therapy knowledge for self development or into their yoga classes taking them to another level.
At Real Yoga, individual student development is our priority and is at the heart of everything we do. Training groups are smaller than most schools and you will also be assigned a personal mentor. This will ensure that you receive support and attention appropriate to your individual needs. The Real Yoga in house teaching team is supported by experts fields such as anatomy and movement, sound as a healing modality and Ayurveda.
On the course, you will:
- Take your yoga teaching skills to another level
- Learn therapy skills and holistic principles
- Learn communication skills for one to one work and how to develop the therapeutic relationship
- Study subtle energy systems in relation to health problems and yoga practices
- Study applied anatomy and physiology relevant to common illnesses
- Learn how to work with clients suffering from trauma and other emotional imbalances
- Learn the yoga understanding of disease
- Learn how to run a professional yoga therapy practice
The BCYT recently made a few small amendments to the curriculum requirements and so we are updating the course information but the 2021 version is available here in the meantime.
Course InformationReal Yoga Syllabus and Learning Outcomes 2021 2.0
The course is accredited with The British Council for Yoga Therapy and students will be able to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council. There are 13 live in person training weekends which are held over approximately 24 months.
A further 6 months is needed to complete case studies with supervision.
Dates will be:
2024 Yoga Therapy Course Dates
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Have a yoga teaching qualification from training of a minimum of 200 hours and 180 contact hours; yoga training which spanned 2 years is preferred and highly recommended.
- Have been teaching as a yoga teacher for a minimum of 120 hours over 2 years
- Completed continuous professional development, once qualified as a yoga teacher, of at least 15 hours per year
- Have been committed to their own regular personal yoga practice for a minimum of 3 years
Tuition fees are £ 4500 and assessment fees are £250 payable to the assessor at the date of assessments. A non-refundable deposit of £750 is required to secure a place. The balance may be paid by instalments with prior agreement.
Real yoga has its own reduced price group insurance via Balens which students can take advantage of. And we have an ongoing supervision and support scheme, and regular CPD opportunities for our graduates.
Applications please contact me at Patricia@realyoga.co.uk or on 07860 581108