“Thank you for another amazing weekend. I am absolutely loving this course, it has transformed the way I teach and the way I feel, it is a remarkable journey. I am very much enjoying the case studies too, it is all so interesting and I feel that things are really coming together. Love it love it love it!”
“It’s a brilliant course: the teaching is great and supportive. The content and learning have brought a richness to my yoga teaching and opened my eyes to how yoga can help people individually with their health issues.”
“In depth and life transforming for me. Absolutely essential if you want to further your yoga teachings and practice.”
Real Yoga Post Graduate Course in Yoga Therapy
Next Course Starts in Egham April 2021
N.B Due to Covid restrictions the 2021 course will be a mix of in person training and online live delivered by zoom
Yoga Therapy is one of the fastest growing fields of complementary healthcare. Our graduates find therapeutic work privately, in the NHS, in private medical centres, or working with special interest groups. Some choose simply to integrate their therapy knowledge into their own lives and their regular yoga classes taking them to another level.
At Real Yoga, student development is our priority and is at the heart of everything we do. Training groups are small and you will have a personal tutor who will teach each weekend, with specialist expertise being provided by e.g. physiotherapists, Ayurveda specialists. This will ensure that you receive support and attention appropriate to your individual needs.
On the course, you will:
- Learn key yoga therapy skills and holistic principles
- Learn communication skills for one to one work and how to develop the therapeutic relationship
- Study subtle energy systems in relation to health problems and yoga practices
- Study applied anatomy and physiology relevant to common illnesses
- Learn the yoga understanding of disease
- Learn how to run a professional yoga therapy practice
You can download a copy of the syllabus with further information and learning outcome HERE
The course is accredited with The British Council for Yoga Therapy and students will be able to register with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council. There are 12 training weekends which are held over approximately 22 months.
A further 6 months is needed to complete case studies with supervision. (More time is given if needed)
Dates will be:
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Have a yoga teaching qualification from training of a minimum of 200 hours and 180 contact hours; yoga training which spanned 2 years is preferred and highly recommended.
- Have been teaching as a yoga teacher for a minimum of 120 hours over 2 years
- Completed continuous professional development, once qualified as a yoga teacher, of at least 15 hours per year
- Have been committed to their own regular personal yoga practice for a minimum of 3 years
Tuition fees are £ 3950 and assessment fees are £350 payable to the assessor at the date of assessments. A non-refundable deposit of £550 is required to secure a place. The balance can be paid by instalments with prior agreement.
Real yoga has its own reduced price group insurance via Balens which students can take advantage of. And we have an ongoing supervision and support scheme, and regular CPD opportunities for our graduates.